This article will discuss how you can remove blood stains from the couch in the right way.
The most luxurious thing in your living room is your couch. Keeping them clean can be tricky for you because you have to take very much care of them.
A single stain or any smell can make it unattractive. You don’t want your guest to feel uncomfortable on your couch, so all you need is some products and care to keep them clean.
The most worse stain on your couch can be bloodstain. Watching bloodstain on your sofa can be a big heartbreak for you because it’s not that easy to remove blood stains from your couch.
Blood is easily absorbed in couches or any different fabric, so it can be more than a challenge for you to remove it. It can make your couch a little smelly too.
Removing bloodstain from the couch isn’t much hard, you think. You can remove it using some different products or any household product. Here we will discuss some authentic steps to tell you how to remove blood off the couch.
- Removing blood stains from couch using household products:
- Removing bloodstain off your couch using lemon juice:
- Removing blood stains from couch using detergent:
- Removing Bloodstain Off Your Couch Using Hairspray:
- Can I Remove The Blood Stain Off My Couch Using Dishwashing Liquid?
- The verdict:
Removing blood stains from couch using household products:
- Some paper towels.
- A couch cleaning tag.
- Any toothbrush.
- Wear your gloves on your hands.
- Take one paper towel and bloat it up on your couch to remove blood. Keep using the new towel; the bloodstain doesn’t disappear completely.
- If you’re trying to remove an old bloodstain that is dried up. You need first to clean it using a toothbrush.
- Rub the toothbrush on dried blood. Wipe up the particles of dried blood off your couch using a paper towel.
- As a care label, check up on your couch if the stuff is fine.
- If your couch has “W” on its tag, then you can use water-based cleaners on it.
- After removing the bloodstain, you can use a wet towel on it to altogether remove the stain.
- If your couch smells terrible because of bloodstain on it, then you can use any deodorant or couch fragrance on it to make it smell good.
Here you are done with the 1st trick. Next, we will discuss some more tricks to remove blood stains off your couch according to the stuff on your couch.
You can also consult an expert to get better results.
Removing bloodstain off your couch using lemon juice:
- Lemon juice (1 cup).
- Pinch of salt.
- Any empty spray bottle.
- Paper towel.
- Household sponge.
- Take a spray bottle and pour some lemon juice into it. Spray the lemon juice on the bloated area of your couch.
- Take a pinch of salt and sprinkle it on the sprayed area. Get a soft household sponge and gently wipe it on the dotted area to remove blood.
- Don’t rub the sponge too hard on your couch. It may damage the stuff of your couch and make it look worse.
- Clean the sponge and rinse the affected area with cold water until the salt and lemon juice remove up,
- Gently rub the dry towel on the affected area until it dries up.
- You can also use any deodorant to remove the smell of blood or lemon juice.
This step is more authentic to clean the blood off your couch. Let’s move towards some more steps.
Removing blood stains from couch using detergent:
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towel
- Take a bowl and pour some water into it.
- Add 4 tablespoons of laundry detergent.
- Mix the whole solution and dab some sponge in it.
- Rub the sponge gently on the affected area. Rub until the stain is gone from your couch.
- Use the wet towel on the damp site to dry it up.
Couches are of different stuff, so before trying any of these tricks on your couch, make sure they are perfect for your couch’s property.
Most people have a leather couch in their house. Leather couches look more luxurious than any other couch. The fabric couch gets damaged early, but leather couches are of good quality.
Similarly, the bloodstain on the leather couch is easy to remove. You need to buy some products from the market, readily available in the stores near you. Let’s move towards the process of removing blood stains from your leather couch.
- A clean piece of cloth.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
To remove the bloodstain off your leather couch, all you have to do is take a clean piece of cloth and damp it with cold water. Pour a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on your couch and then dab it with the wet cloth. Dab the fabric on your couch to remove the bloodstain.
Don’t rub the cloth on your couch because it may damage the leather of your couch. Wait until the stain starts turning into a bubble. When it turns into a bubble, wipe it up with a dry cloth.
To remove the smell of blood, use any couch fragrance or deodorant on your leather couch.
Removing Bloodstain Off Your Couch Using Hairspray:
Hairspray works perfectly to remove blood stains off your couch because of its alcoholic nature. You can surely try this trick to remove a blood stain off your couch.
Spray the affected area and then dab the wet cloth on the bloodstain. Dab it until the stain is gone. Don’t rub the fabric; otherwise, the color will spread, and it will give your couch a worse look. After this, rinse the clean cloth with water and rub it on your couch to remove the hairspray.
Can I Remove The Blood Stain Off My Couch Using Dishwashing Liquid?
Yes! You can use a dishwashing liquid to remove the bloodstain off your couch.
All you need is one cup of cold water and mix a few drops of dishwashing liquid in it. Take a sponge and dab it on the affected area. Dab the solution on the stain until it disappears.
When the stain is gone, take a dry piece of cloth and rub it on the wet area to dry that place. Make sure to do all this process gently to avoid any kind of damage to your couch.
If your couch is made up of fabric, then using dishwashing liquid might damage its stuff. Try to consult an expert before using doing these tricks on your couch.
Couches are the most used thing in your house. The more you use them, the more attention and care they need. People usually spend all of their time on their couches, which may result in different stains or dirt on your couch. Taking care of them isn’t a big process.
Moreover, regular maintenance of your couch will keep it clean and beautiful for a long time. Sudden nose bleeding or any other mishap can put a bloodstain on your couch. This can be embarrassing for you if your guests see the bloodstain on your couch.
Removing the bloodstain is now easier. All the steps above will help you remove the bloodstain so that you can give your couch back a beautiful and clean look.