In this article, we’ve discussed many methods to make vinyl plank floors shine and easy steps with essential knowledge that you should know before making vinyl plank floors shine below!
Vinyl Plank Flooring is one of the most popular types of flooring nowadays. It has become the favorite flooring choice for many homeowners because of its overall durability and easy maintenance. Also, the shining is the essential factor, but how can vinyl plank flooring shine?
You can use a TSP substitute and water to prepare a cleaning solution and use a clean mop and a stiff brush to do the scrubbing.
Or, you can make vinyl floor shine by using the following recipe: 1.5 parts vinegar, 2.5 parts water, and 1 part glycerin. You’ll also need a clean cloth to apply the mixture on the vinyl plank floor.
Let’s get started!
- Will Acetone Damage Vinyl Flooring? Explained!
- Tips To Remove Scuff Marks From Vinyl Flooring?
- Pro Tips To Clean Vinyl Floors With Vinegar?
- Simple Steps To Make Vinyl Plank Floors Shine
- Different Methods to Make Vinyl Plank Floors Shine
- Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
- Clean And Maintain Your Vinyl Plank Flooring
- How to Remove Scratch Marks from Vinyl Plank Floors
- Tips for Cleaning Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Things you should not use on vinyl plank flooring?
- Frequently ask questions
Simple Steps To Make Vinyl Plank Floors Shine
- First, you need to clean the floor with a non-abrasive cleanser.
- Then, use a non-fiber cleaning mop and clean it again. Make sure not to use a fiber mop, as it will damage the surface.
- Now, you can take a toothbrush and clean the tops of the planks.
- Then, you can use a sponge mop to shine the floor.
- After that, use a soft cloth to make the floor shiny. You can do this every two weeks to shine your vinegar for vinyl plank floors.
Different Methods to Make Vinyl Plank Floors Shine
There are many methods to make your vinyl plank floor shine. We’ve discussed some best methods below!
1- Wash with the mixture of soap and water
Washing is the process of removing unwanted substances from a surface. This process can be done by using soap and water.
This practice of washing with soap and water is also called lathering. Lathering is the process that most people do to create foam with the soap and water mixture, which helps clean the skin or clothes.
Though this is one of the simple methods, most people often commit mistakes like not lathering enough, using soap directly on the body or clothes, not using enough water to make a good lather, etc.
2- Use wax polish on the floor
Waxing the floor is the best way to look beautiful and shiny. Wax polish usually comes in liquid form, but it can also be found as a solid block.
Further, applying the wax polish on vinyl plank floors is the perfect choice for any home or office looking for a professional, clean and polished appearance.
And it does not only act as an excellent barrier to water, dirt, and debris but can also help reduce noise levels in your space.
3- Use isopropyl alcohol on the floor
This will help make vinyl plank floors shine and kill any viruses and germs.
The first step would be to apply some isopropyl alcohol on the vinyl plank floor of the affected areas and scrub it. In the last step, you must wipe off any residual dirt with a dry cloth or newspaper.
4- Use the Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural cleaning product that can make vinyl plank floors shine. It can also be used to clean absolutely every surface in your house, including your stove, countertops, and especially vinyl plank floors.
You have to fill a bucket with warm water and mix in two cups of apple cider vinegar. And scrub the floor with the mixture using a scrubber.
Lastly, rinse the floor with clean water and dry it off thoroughly.
5- Best way to clean vinyl plank flooring
One of the best ways to clean vinyl plank flooring is to use a steam mop. This will thoroughly clean your floors and not leave behind any scuff marks.
There are many different types of steam mops, but the key difference is whether or not the steam mop has separate attachments used for cleaning.
Another important consideration is whether or not the steam mop can reach the flooring of your choice. If you have tile, be sure the steam mop has those attachments.
It is also essential that you do not use the steam mop on surfaces that don’t have a smooth surface like Vinyl Plank Floors. If you use it, then this could leave defects in your flooring, and it could also damage your steam mop.
Firstly, you need to apply a cleaning solution to the floor. Then, attach a cloth to your steam mop. This will help scrub the floor, which will, in turn, clean it deeply. Once the floor is scrubbed, you should rinse the floor using hot water and allow it to dry.
6- Making shine with white vinegar for vinyl plank floors
There are many ways to clean vinyl floors. One of the ways is to shine them with white vinegar. Here is how to do that. All you need is a little white vinegar and a cloth to shine up your vinyl plank flooring.
First, mix a hefty amount of vinegar with water. You can add a few tablespoons of vinegar to the water. Then, dip the rag into the mixture and wring it out.
You should use this rag to buff your vinyl plank floor until the shine starts to come through. If you want a floor that shines for a long time, it’s highly recommended you mix vinegar and water in a more significant amount, such as a gallon.
You should then apply the mixture to your floor. You can clean up the leftover mix with soap when the process is done.
Advantages of Vinyl Flooring
- Vinyl Plank Flooring comes in a wide range of styles, colors, and textures. This flooring can be made to look like wood, tile, stone, or any other hard surface, giving your home a whole new look and feel.
- This flooring is very durable, making it an excellent choice for homes with pets or homes with children.
- Vinyl Plank Flooring can be installed over almost any surface, including concrete, wood, and even tile. This means you won’t have to worry about damaging your current flooring when you install your new vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl Plank Flooring is an excellent choice for homeowners who want to save money on their flooring. This flooring is less expensive than many traditional flooring options.
- Vinyl plank flooring is highly durable and has a much longer life than ordinary flooring.
- You can choose from a wide range of different styles, designs, and colors, which will give your house a neat look.
- Cleaning is easy, and you can clean them with a broom, damp mop, or vacuum cleaner.
- It will not allow any liquid or any stain to penetrate through it. It is easy to remove stains from them.
Clean And Maintain Your Vinyl Plank Flooring
Cleaning and maintaining vinyl floors can be a chore, and you should vacuum your vinyl floors. It is an essential thing to keep your floor Vinyl floors to last for long time.
Keep in mind you should have a vacuum with a brush attachment, and you are supposed to use this attachment to vacuum the vinyl plank floor whenever there is a spill. The stubborn spills can be cleaned off with a mild soap solution.
You can wipe scuff marks and spots clean using a damp towel. Make sure to use a wet towel, not just damp.
Additionally, you can set up a cleaning and maintenance schedule to make maintenance even easier. This will allow you to clean the vinyl plank floor once a week, vacuum the feet, and wipe off scuff marks every other week.
How to Remove Scratch Marks from Vinyl Plank Floors
Scratches in vinyl flooring are usually caused by the furniture, pets, or kids. They are not that easily noticeable if they are small.
However, when they become deeper over time, they will look like scratches on the vinyl plank floors. It is essential to deal with these scratches before it becomes too late.
You can use a combination of three types of cleaners to remove scratches from vinyl plank floors: mineral spirits, vinegar, and lemon juice. Vinegar and lemon juice will help you eliminate any dirt or residue on the floor’s surface, while mineral spirits will get rid of deep scratches in the flooring.
Additionally, if you are using a white floor, you can also use white toothpaste for this purpose as it contains abrasives that remove deep scratches on the floors without damaging their surface at all!
Tips for Cleaning Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl flooring has been a popular choice for many years as it is easy to maintain, durable, and looks great. Following are some tips to make vinyl plank floors shine below!
- If the vinyl floor is not too dirty, spraying it with a solution of water and vinegar will freshen it up and then mop with a dry mop.
- You can also clean the vinyl plank floor with soap and water.
- Clean the vinyl plank floors first on your hands-and-knees with a microfiber cloth soaked in detergent, then stand up and clean from top to bottom using a damp mop
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove dust from the vinyl plank floor.
- The last tip is to remove any scuff marks by applying rubbing alcohol.
Things you should not use on vinyl plank flooring?
- First of all, do not use chemical cleaners on vinyl plank flooring. Most floor cleaners have chemicals that can take the finish off of your vinyl plank flooring.
- Do not use oil-based paints on vinyl plank flooring. Oil and vinyl are not a good combination. Oil-based paints can leave stains on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners on vinyl plank flooring. Abrasive cleaners can damage the surface of vinyl plank flooring.
- Also, getaway of any cleaners with bleach on vinyl plank flooring. Bleach is a harsh chemical that can ruin the look of your floor.
- It is not recommended to use too much water on vinyl plank flooring.
Frequently ask questions
You should clean them at least once a week to ensure that you can keep the dust and pollen off. Plain soapy water is the best thing to use. Just spray the soapy water onto the planks, rub the surface down with your hand, and you’re good to go!
How to make vinyl plank floors shine?
You can use a TSP substitute and water to prepare a cleaning solution and use a clean mop and a stiff brush to do the scrubbing. Or, you can prepare a floor shine by using the following recipe: 1.5 parts vinegar, 2.5 parts water, and 1 part glycerin.
Can you use Mop and Glo on vinyl plank flooring?
Mop and Glo are certainly designed to clean LVP flooring. The manufacturer says this cleaner gives better results on porous surfaces like LVP. Mop and Glo are suitable for cleaning wooden floors, stone floors, and vinyl surfaces.
Is it safe to use polish on vinyl plank flooring?
Polishing vinyl flooring will bring back the shine and keep it looking new. Using a cloth, polish, and buffer can restore your vinyl floor.
Is Murphy oil soap fine for vinyl floors?
Murphy Oil Soap is a popular product for cleaning the house without harsh chemicals. It’s a gentle formula that helps you clean your kitchen, bathroom, and hardwood floors while leaving a nice smell.
In conclusion, vinyl flooring is ideal for people who don’t want to invest in hardwood flooring. The flooring is resistant to moisture, stains, and fading. It doesn’t put any extra stress on your home’s foundation, and it is easy to clean.
Whether you have a new home or are looking to update the flooring in your current home, vinyl plank flooring can be an excellent choice for your needs.
Before having this, there are many factors to consider, and the essential element is how to make vinyl plank floors shine? You can acknowledge the answer above!
Hopefully, you liked our content. If so, then do not forget to leave your feedback!