Beer has the strongest smell, especially when it spills on the couch; it spreads a citrus yeast aroma around it.
It’s difficult to sit on a couch with a stain of beer. Beer can also cause a permanent stain on to couch if you don’t clean it immediately.
Depending upon the nature of the bear, it contains different types of minerals that cause stains on the couch and have a different smell.
On-time treatment of bear stains can immediately remove the beer smell from the couch. You can use a white microfiber cloth dampened in a vinegar solution to clean beer stains on the couch.
Baking soda is another solution to neutralize beer smell, and remove beer stains from couch.
Keep on reading to learn step-by-step processes to remove beer stains and the smell of the couch.
How To Get Beer Smell Out Of Couch?
You can use several methods to get the beer smell out of the couch. All these methods are easy, and you don’t need any chemicals or detergent to eliminate stains and smells.
1- Clean With Vinegar Solution
White Vinegar is one of the effective things to clean stains. It can neutralize the smell of beer and also clean stains. Here is how to use it on beer stains.
- First, clean the effective area with a microfiber cloth or towel. Blot up beer as much as possible.
- Next, add 1/3 cup of white Vinegar in 2/3 cup of warm water. Mix the solution well and then put it into a spray bottle.
- Now spray the vinegar solution on the affected area, and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, clean it with water, dampen the cloth, and scrub it gently on the stain until it disappears.
- Let the place dry, or use a steam vacuum immediately.
Related Post: How To Remove Water Stains From Fabric Sofa
2- Use Baking Soda To Clean Beer Stain
Baking soda is a safe and household cleaning product that you can use to get the beer smell out of the couch. It contains sodium bicarbonate that neutralizes the bad odor of beer.
If you have a fabric couch, it’s recommended to use baking soda. Here is the entire process of using baking soda on your couch.
- First, use a dry cloth or sponge to blot beer from the couch.
- Once the beer is clean, sprinkle some baking soda on the stained area.
- Leave the place for 1 hour, so the baking soda neutralizes the beer smell.
- After 1 hour, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the backing soda.
- The baking soda will eliminate the beer odor from the couch.
- If the stain still exists, you can clean it using the previous vinegar method or dishwashing liquid.
- To use dishwashing liquid, add one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
- Now dampen a clean cloth in the solution and rub it on the stain.
- Next, use another clean water to dampen the cloth, remove the resin, and let the couch dry completely.
3- Lemon With Cream Of Tartar
Lemon and cream of Tartar are both acidic and the best match to get beer stains and smell out of the couch. These two products immediately neutralize the beer smell. You can also use this remedy on light-colored leather couches.
Here are steps to use lemon with cream of Tartar on the couch.
- Take 1/2 cup of warm water, squeeze a whole lemon into it, and add one tablespoon of cream Tartar. Mix the solution to make it thick.
- Next, take a clean cloth and dampen it into the solution. Before applying, test the solution on an inconspicuous couch area to ensure it will not damage the fabric.
- Rub the dampened cloth on the stain and leave it for 10 minutes to neutralize the stain and odor.
- Finally, wipe it off with a clean, damp sponge or cloth.
Related Post: How To Remove Pilling From Couch
Can I Use Any Household Cleaner To Remove Beer Stains From the Couch?
Even though harsh chemical products on the couch can either fade the fabric or lower the fabric’s lifespan, but natural household cleaners are safe for your couch.
You can use a household cleaner to remove beer stains from the couch. But consistent use of these household cleaners is not recommended.
There are a lot of household cleaners available, but for couches and upholstery Thieves Household Cleaner is one of the best and recommended cleaners. It includes natural neutralizing ingredients that eliminate the beer smell from the couch.
Thieves household cleaner is safe to use around pets or kids, and also it’s’ safe for your sofa fabric.
Here is how to use Thieves Household Cleaner To Remove Beer Stains
- Mix 1 cap of Thieves Household cleaner with one cup of warm water. Add 1 – 2 spoons of baking soda for more effective cleaning.
- Mix the solution well and leave it for 5 minutes sits perfectly.
- Now damn the cloth in the solution and gently rub it on the stain.
- Clean the resin with a clean, dampened cloth and the couch to dry. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to dry the couch immediately.
How Long Does Beer Smell Last On Couch?
Once beer spills on the couch, it looks so wired, and with time, it spreads a bad sour smell. The aroma of beer stains may vary from the type of beer.
The beer smell will last longer; most probably, the smell will last for weeks if you don’t clean the stain. And it becomes difficult to sit on such a stained couch for a long time.
So it’s better to neutralize the stain with some acidic cleaner like Vinegar or baking soda.
Most of the time, beer stains on the couch will never disappear if you treat them with neutralizing agents, but the smell will disappear. For stain removal, you have to use any of the above methods, and you should repeat the cleaning method depending on how stubborn the stain is.
Similarly, wine or beer stains on the couch spread a very strong aroma if exposed to sunlight or heat. Heat will also make stains stubborn and difficult to remove.
Once beet spills accidentally on the couch, it’s your responsibility to clean it immediately, and don’t allow it to sit longer.
How To Neutralize Beer Smell On Couch?
To get rid of the beer smell from the couch, you have to neutralize the beer on the couch immediately. If beer is absorbed into the couch, you have to first clean it with a clean, dampened cloth to blot as much beer as possible.
Once a bear is blotted up, you can use baking soda to neutralize the beer smell. Sprinkle the baking soda on the affected pace and leave it for an hour to neutralize the beer. And then, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda.
If the stain is more stubborn and dark, let the baking soda over it for the whole night so it penetrates deeper and effectively neutralizes beer.
The couch is one of the home’s most useable pieces of furniture, so keeping it clean and fresh is mandatory. But couches are more prone to stains as they are mostly used. Sometimes beer spills on the couch, which looks wired and tough to remove.
Beer stains get stubborn with time, so you have to clean them immediately. Baking soda or white vinegar removes the beer smell from the couch. These natural household products will neutralize the beer smell and more stains.
The above mention methods will help you to eliminate beer stains from your couch and make it fresh again.