You might see spots and grease on your laminate cupboards if it is in your kitchen. However, you use several tips and tricks to clean your cupboards without causing any damage.
How To Clean Your Laminate Cupboards?
Before you begin, go over the instructions and double-check that you have all of the cleaning items you’ll need.
We have used common home cleaners ingredients available in every home like vinegar and baking soda for best accessibility. However, it’s still a good idea to double-check your cupboard.
You should also know about the material of the cupboard on which you’re going to work. Make sure to know if the material is original wood or laminate. Now below, we have listed step-by-step methods that you will use to clean matte laminate cupboards.
Method 1 – Clean Your Laminate Cupboards Using Vinegar
When it comes to cleaning cabinets, vinegar is the best household item that you can use. Make sure to dilute the vinegar with water to reduce the concentration and smell. You can use a 50/50 ratio with water. After you have diluted white vinegar, you shouldn’t be worried about cleaning your matte finish kitchen cabinets with it.
Vinegar is a natural acid that helps in removing oily and greasy stains. It should, nevertheless, be used correctly while cleaning the laminate cupboard. Here is a step by step process that you can follow
- Step 1: To clean your matte finish laminate kitchen cabinets, first mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1/2 gallon warm water ( 50/50 ratio as suggested above). The vinegar will readily cut through built-up grease.
- Step 2: After making the DIY solution, put on rubber gloves to prevent any allergies or itchy reactions. Now you can start cleaning your cabinets with a sponge or rag. Be careful not to apply too much pressure to avoid damaging the surface of your laminate cabinets.
- Step 3: Finally, rinse your matte finish laminate kitchen cabinets with warm water and dry them with a soft towel. Allow for complete drying of your cabinets.
Method 2 – Clean Your Laminate Cupboards Using Baking Soda
While cleaning kitchen cabinets with baking soda, add a small amount of vinegar directly on the surface and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Then add a small amount of plain water to prevent any damage.
This DIY solution cleans your cabinets and your oven, microwave, and air fryer to your stove vent fan filters (including stainless steel ones). Here is a step-by-step instruction that you can follow:
- Step1: Make vinegar and baking soda paste and soak a clean cloth.
- Step 2: Then, dab the soaked cloth on the surface of the cabinet.
- Step 3: Allow the paste to sit for a few minutes before lightly rubbing it on the surface.
- Step 4: After that, use the textured side of your cloth to remove the grime.
- Step 5: Finally, clean your kitchen cabinet doors with a dry cloth and clean water.
Method 3 – Clean Your Laminate Cupboards Using Acidic Cleaner
Oil stains are common in kitchens because the droplets evaporate and stick to the cabinets above the stove. Typically, oil splatters onto kitchen cabinets or is mixed with steam, forming a smooth layer on the cabinets.
- Step 1: To clean oil stains from laminate cupboards, it is best to use an acidic cleaner. To make this mixture, combine equal parts distilled water and vinegar and 1/8 cup soap to dilute the mixture and prevent any damage. Use a spray bottle to keep handy for removing Grease spills and Oil stains from Kitchen Cabinets.
- Step 2: After making the solution, take a microfiber cloth and gently scrub your cabinets. Repeat the process until your cabinets are immaculate.
- Step 3: For the final step, rinse your cabinet first, then dry it with a soft cloth and let it dry for a few hours before using it.
Cleaning Schedule For Your Laminate Cupboards
As matte laminate cupboards are becoming more common nowadays, it is recommended to do a two-part cabinet cleaning method that includes weekly and seasonal touch-ups to save time and energy.
Instead of scarfing down cabinets on a daily basis, a weekly cleaning procedure is the best approach to clean kitchen cabinets. Simply spritz a microfiber cloth with a multi-purpose cleaner and wipe away fingerprints, smudges, and other blemishes.
Make sure that all the appliances are also wiped and disinfected. However, If you don’t like this idea, there is another option.
Deep clean your cabinets two to three times a year. To do so, remove everything from the cabinets. Then, using a microfiber cloth, wipe down the shelves, the inside of the door, and the outside. These methods will help you keep your expensive cupboards immaculate all the time. It will also prevent damage like tics and moisture.
We discussed some of the best methods that can help you clean your laminate cupboards that can help keep your cupboard protected from further damage. In addition, we have listed some of the best methods that can help in cleaning specific types of damages or types of cleaning you need.
People mostly use vinegar and baking soda as the optimum solution that can help you choose the best results.